Other Head Lice Removal Treatments: Why They Are Ineffective and Possibly Dangerous 2017-05-12T11:09:14+00:00

Other Head Lice Removal Treatments

Why They Are Ineffective and Possibly Dangerous

Amy Graff LouseCallsOther treatment methods and lice removal products cannot remove ALL lice and nits on a human head and do not come with a 100% lice-free guarantee. Accordingly, the lice that remain continue to lay eggs, nits continue to hatch, and re-infestation occurs. Manual combing and removal of live lice and viable nits is the only way to properly treat head lice and prevent re-infestation.

There are no over-the-counter or prescription treatments that claim to kill lice that are totally safe and scientifically proven to be 100% effective against head lice and nits. These treatments are potentially harmful pesticides and reliance on them promotes repeated use and contributes to the toxic build up in the system and resistance to the pesticides. Are we really prepared to expose our children or ourselves to harmful chemicals?

Each person is unique and can react differently to chemicals. Although the FDA requires testing before the product is approved, it can’t foresee potential problems in every individual. It’s common for the FDA to hear about issues after the damage has been done. The National Pediculosis Association (NPA) warns there are many instances chemical head lice products should not be used. In general, children’s growing bodies are far less able to process these chemicals. They have less developed immune systems, their detoxification processes are not yet developed and their organs are still growing. This makes them far more susceptible and sensitive to toxic threats.

Amy Graff, Owner & Founder of LouseCalls